Aquila introduced the operating lease services in 2009. These services are designed for and offered to large, medium and small organizations (either international or local blue chips), individuals and government institutions.
The operating leases are generally structured as follows:
- The lessee selects a fleet of newly acquired vehicles, or offers an existing fleet for transfer;
- Aquila Leasing purchases the assets;
- The lessee leases the assets for a fixed monthly amount;
- Aquila takes full responsibility of the effective operations of the operational vehicles, staff buses, pool cars or project monitoring vehicles. Aquila’s responsibility of the fleet will include maintenance, fueling, comprehensive insurance, provision of drivers (upon request from the client) amongst other things.
- The product runs on modern fleet management software technology that provides amongst others cost management solutions for the clients;
- Aquila assumes the residual value risk of the vehicle.